The British Dental Association (BDA) is the professional association and trade union for dentists in the United Kingdom, and was founded in 1880. We publish six dentistry journals on behalf of the BDA, providing advertisers with unrivalled reach to the UK dental market. Contact us to discover how our advertising and content solutions can help you promote your products, services and recruitment needs to dental professionals across the UK.
Our BDJ Portfolio publications
All print issues are home delivered, maximizing readership. View the print, web, and email reach of each publication in our media kit.
- The British Dental Journal (BDJ) is the UK’s most widely read dental publication, with a print circulation of 17,272, readership of 68,397 and monthly web users exceeding 115,000.
- BDJ In Practice is essential reading for UK dentists, covering everything from regulation to leadership, campaigning to compliance.
- BDJ Student offers invaluable information for tomorrow’s dentists.
- BDJ Team is a free online-only journal for the whole dental team.
- BDJ Open is an online-only open access journal publishing peer reviewed research on dental and oral health.
- Evidence-Based Dentistry (EBD) condenses cutting edge evidence into digestible summaries, drawing attention to current methods and findings.
Our advertising and content solutions
View our print ad sizes, as well as inserts and outserts to help you stand out further.
Alternative ad formats:
- Promote new products and their innovative applications with an application note – a technical essay distributed in the BDJ in print and online. Includes 100 free reprints.
- Showcase your company’s personalities in an Inside View interview, written by a feature writer and featured in the BDJ in print and online. Includes 100 free reprints.
Free when you advertise in select issues…
- Receive a free market research study on your ad, helping you measure the effectiveness of your creative, your brand’s awareness in the market, and how your your ad compares with competitors.
- Receive free bonus distribution at the ‘British Dental Conference and Dentistry Show’ and the ‘BDIA Dental Showcase’.
With our precise targeting technologies, your banner ads can reach the dental professionals of your choice. Target specific journal sites, users who consume dentistry content across Springer Nature, and articles containing dentistry-related keywords of your choosing.
Email marketing and e-alert advertising
17,000+ readers of BDJ, BDJ Team, BDJ Open and EBD have registered for e-alerts to keep up to date. Advertise in these alerts to target an active and engaged audience. Plus, send a solus email to our audience of 10,000+ who are interested in dentistry – supply an HTML email or request our email design service.
Generate sales leads and align your company with a topic by hosting a webcast. You choose the subject matter and speakers, and on request we can take care of everything else – including project management, promotion, and providing an experienced webcast moderator. Past webcasts.
Drive awareness of your company’s message with a branded content article, written by our custom media team and featured in our publications in print and online. Marketing packages are available to enhance engagement with your article.
Contact us via our online form for details on pricing, calendars, and other opportunities.