Please submit your ad copy 6 business days prior to campaign start date.
- Headline 1 and Content 1 (MPU SLOT) – Logo only OR Text and Logo
- Headline 2, Naturejobs slot and Content 2 – Logo only OR Text and Logo
- Specifications and requirements for each are below.
Nature-branded Journal Alerts:
- Nature Research and Review journals offer 4 Advertising slots: Headline 1 and 2, and Content 1 and 2. These should all follow the Text and Logo requirements below.
- Nature News offers 4 equally sized horizontal ad positions that accommodate either standard Text & Logo or Logo only ads
- The Naturejobs Newsletter accepts a 728×90, Headline 1, Logo only creative.
Clinical/Society-owned journal Alerts:
- 5 Advertising slots: Headline 1 and 2, Naturejobs slot and Content 1 and 2. These should all follow the Text and Logo requirements below.
- BDJ and Scientific Reports offer a Logo only option for Headline 1.
Text and Logo positions
- 1 x logo to fit within the dimensions of 170×40 pixels.
- Logo must be in JPEG or GIF format – PNG is not accepted.
- Image file size should not exceed 45KB.
- Logo supplied on a white/transparent background.
- Text for the Nature alert placements to be set at 660 characters max including spaces. The Headline 2, Naturejobs slot and Content 2 positions have a limit of 5 lines (4 where bold type is required).
- Text for other Text and Logo placements to be set at 375 characters max including spaces, and no more than 6 lines (5 lines where bold type is required).
- Use of one or two paragraph layout only.
Logo only positions
- Headline 1 and Content 1 (MPU SLOT) – 1x image at 300×250 pixels JPEG or GIF max size 45KBs. PNG is not accepted
- Headline 2, Naturejobs slot and Content 2 – 1x image at 629×81 pixels JPEG or GIF max size 45KBs. PNG is not accepted.
Nature News and BDJ and Scientific Reports Headline 1:
- 1x Logo to fit within the dimensions of a minimum 468×60 pixels and a maximum 629×81 pixels.
- JPEG or GIF format only – PNG is not accepted.
Nature Jobs Newsletter Headline 1:
- 1x Logo at 728×90 pixels JPEG or GIF max size 45KBs. PNG is not accepted.
Supplying copy & logos
- Please note that (with the exception of the Naturejobs Newsletter) a Text-only version of each advert MUST be supplied – up to 375 ANSI text characters only (including spaces). This can be created using Notepad on a PC and Text Edit on a Mac. The text should be saved as a Text Document. Word documents are NOT accepted as a Text-only version.
- There should always be a headline which will also serve as the main text link through to the promotion/advertiser’s site.
- No rich media or animation can be used in most Nature Research alerts. An animated gif can be supplied for the Logo only positions if applicable. However, please note that in certain email clients such as Outlook, only the first frame will show. You should ensure important information is on the first frame.
Linking /URL tracking
- A maximum of three URL links
- URLs cannot exceed 255 characters
- All URLs to be active when ad is submitted
Please note that although ‘mailto’ email address links can be included, we cannot track clicks for these.
We track click-through (CTR) activity on any URLs in the copy that you supply, including those in plain text. As a result in text-only e-mails the appearance of text URLs changes to an “http://” format.
General design constraints
Logos with white or grey backgrounds should have a one-pixel border around the graphic’s perimeter. This border can be created within the graphic. The inclusion of the border must not exceed the logo’s dimension restrictions.
Nature Research has final approval over all creative supplied; in the case of extreme negative user feedback/interference Nature Research reserves the right to pull creative prior to campaign delivery.