- People watch on average 17 hours of online video content per week.
- YouTube is the second most visited website in the world, with YouTube Shorts averaging over 70 billion daily views.
- 96% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 51% of people are more likely to share video than any other type of content, including images and memes.
- Research indicates that viewers retain a great deal more of a message through video, compared to text. As the saying goes, a minute of video is worth 1.8 million words.
- Video can increase search engine optimization (SEO), and conversion rates when included on a landing page.
The statistics speak for themselves – video is not just a trend; it’s a seismic shift in the way we communicate, learn and entertain.
Video’s power lies in its ability to convey complex messages in a digestible and engaging format, making it an indispensable tool for science marketers.
If you’re looking for support with your video strategy, check out our branded content video service.
Our Emmy-nominated Custom Media video team can work with you to produce compelling video content about your research, as well as host your videos on Nature.com and reach Springer Nature audiences.