The British Dental Association (BDA) is the professional association and trade union for dentists in the United Kingdom, and was founded in 1880.
Here at Springer Nature, we publish six dentistry journals and a jobs website on behalf of the BDA, providing advertisers with unrivalled reach to the UK dental market.
Contact us to discover how our advertising and content solutions can help you promote your products, services, and recruitment needs to dental professionals.
Our six dentistry journals, the BDJ Portfolio:
All print issues are home delivered, maximizing readership.
- The British Dental Journal (BDJ) is the UK’s most widely read dental publication, with a print circulation of over 16,000, readership of nearly 60,000*, and monthly web users exceeding 120,000**.
- BDJ In Practice is essential reading for UK dentists, covering everything from regulation to leadership, campaigning to compliance.
- BDJ Student is an online-only journal for tomorrow’s dentists.
- BDJ Team is a free online-only journal for the whole dental team.
- BDJ Open is an online-only open-access journal publishing peer-reviewed research on dental and oral health around the world.
- Evidence-Based Dentistry (EBD) is a hybrid journal inbound into the BDJ, that condenses cutting-edge evidence into digestible summaries, drawing attention to current methods and findings.
We also run BDJ Jobs, a jobs board connecting jobseeker dentists and recruiters.
Our advertising and content solutions:
View our print ad sizes, as well as inserts and outserts to help you stand out further.
Free when you advertise in select issues…
- Free market research study on your print ad, helping you measure the effectiveness of your creative and your brand awareness.
- Free bonus distribution at the ‘British Dental Conference and Dentistry Show’ and the ‘BDIA Dental Showcase’.
- Promote new products with an application note – a technical essay distributed in the BDJ in print and online.
- Showcase your company’s personalities in an Inside View interview, written by a feature writer and featured in the BDJ in print and online.
Reach the dental professionals of your choice; target:
- Specific dental journal websites
- Users who consume dentistry content across Springer Nature
- Articles containing dentistry-related keywords of your choosing
It’s quick and easy to advertise your dental vacancy online on our BDJ Jobs website. You can also place a print job advert in the British Dental Journal.
Email marketing and e-alert advertising
- BDJ Portfolio readers have registered for e-alerts to keep up to date with dental news and research. Advertise in these alerts to target an active and engaged audience.
- Send a solus email to our dental audience to generate leads for your event, product, or white paper – simply supply an HTML email.
Use video to engage dental professionals with your brand and to showcase your thought-leadership in an area of dentistry. You can sponsor a video or create your own custom video – hosted on the BDA YouTube channel and promoted via BDJ social media channels.
Generate sales leads and align your company with a topic by hosting a webcast. You choose the subject matter and speakers, and on request we can take care of everything else – including project management, promotion, and providing an experienced webcast moderator. Previous webcasts.
Drive awareness of your company’s message with a branded content article, written by our custom media team and featured in our publications in print and online. Marketing packages are available to enhance engagement with your article.
Contact us for more info and pricing.
*Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC), January-December 2021 | **Google Analytics, September 2021-August 2022