Academy For Journal Editors: Maximizing the Impact of Your Journal
This workshop is available to be delivered face-to-face or virtually.
Establishing and managing your own journal is always an exciting adventure, but if not properly managed, the journal can lead to frustrations and disappointments.
Nature Research Academies has developed an academy to help journal editors establish the foundations of what it takes to develop a successful and competitive journal in their field. These workshops are limited to 30 participants to provide more active discussion and interaction.
- 1-day and 2-day workshops
- Available to institutions globally
- For up to 30 current or aspiring journal editors
Feedback from participants
“This workshop will help us to better collaborate with the editorial board and authors to improve our journals.”
“The workshop is well-prepared with the rich and comprehensive content. The trainer is patient and professional, there are lots of interaction. Very helpful for our journal.”
“The presentation is very clear and useful to improve our knowledge for managing our journal’s workflow.”
- Strong editorial vision
- Discusses the importance of having a strong editorial vision for the journal, includes how to evaluate trending tropics as well as competing journals
- Discusses how to write a clear aims and scope that helps authors identify your journal as the most appropriate platform to reach their target readers
- Reviews organizing the structure of your journal, to best help you achieve your aims
- Efficient editorial workflow
- Discusses how to organize your editors to best handle submitted manuscripts based on subject expertise
- Reviews how to choose a good editorial board, as well as practically applying their responsibilities
- Discusses improving the lead times of submitted manuscripts, including how to successfully implement efficient peer review
- Reviews the importance of yearly journal evaluation at editorial board meetings to continually develop and improve the journal
- Productive peer review
- Discusses the importance of the peer review process and how to find the right reviewers to evaluate submitted manuscripts
- Reviews how to communicate with reviewers so that they know what is expected of them from the journal during this process.
- Highlights how to evaluate reviewer reports to make editorial decisions, and how to manage poorly written review reports, conflicting comments, and biased reviewers
- Improving visibility
- Reviews ways to improve the visibility of the journal to the field
- Discusses what online indexes like Web of Science, Scopus, and MEDLINE are looking for and how to increase your chance of acceptance for inclusion in these indexes